Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary
Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary
INTEGRIS Health Edmond will celebrate its tenth anniversary Oct. 3, 2021. There have been many accomplishments in the past decade as the hospital has grown to meet the changing needs of the Edmond community.
• The $94 million, state-of-the art, full service hospital opens on Oct. 3, 2011
• A $2.25 million cardiology and interventional radiology suite is added in 2013.
• Construction begins on a second medical office building in 2014. The additional $12.5 million, 45,000-square-foot facility opens in 2015.
• The Arcadia Trails INTEGRIS Center for Addiction Recovery opens May 28, 2019. The 60-thousand square foot facility includes a treatment area, a conference center and a 40-bed living space.
• A $95 million expansion project is complete in 2021. The once 40-bed, 143,000 square foot hospital has now doubled in size with 104 beds and just over 300,000 square feet.
• The hospital originally employed 150 caregivers, now has close to 450.
• To date, the hospital has had roughly 23,000 admissions, more than 30,000 surgeries, over 170,000 emergency room visits, delivered roughly 6,000 babies and treated approximately 500 COVID-19 patients.
“We are so excited to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary with our caregivers and this community,” said Jon Rule, chief hospital executive. “More than 10 years ago, our board, community partners and caregivers set out with a vision to provide exceptional health care to Edmond. Over the 10 years of our existence, and most recently with the heroic response from our caregivers and providers to the pandemic, I believe we’ve accomplished what we set out to do and now we are looking forward to the future.”
Angie Kamermayer is the chief nursing officer for the hospital. “Nursing at INTEGRIS Health Edmond created a reputation of quality and compassion for which our community has come to know and trust. Our nurses embody kindness, courtesy and respect from the start to end of life. Each one is a hero, leaving a powerful impression on the lives of our patients, families and health care team. I am proud of who we have become and the significance of our presence in the community.”
INTEGRIS Health Edmond offers a comprehensive list of inpatient and outpatient services, to include: emergency medicine, surgery, cardiac cath lab and radiology, labor and delivery, primary care, Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation, wound care and more.
"INTEGRIS Health Edmond started a health care boom for the community of Edmond and gives premier full-service health care not only to Edmond but to the surrounding communities,” says Keith Gannaway, M.D., the chief of surgery at the hospital. “As an Edmond resident for 33 years, I feel that health care in Edmond has been elevated to a level that any community would be proud and honored to have."
Dena O’Leary, M.D., is the chief medical officer. She wholeheartedly agrees, “INTEGRIS Health Edmond is a hospital I am incredibly proud to be a part of. Although we have grown tremendously over the past few years, we continue to focus on providing great care to our patients while maintaining a warm, friendly culture with strong ties to our community. I look forward to seeing what the next 10 years have in store.”
To put the lifespan of the hospital in perspective, here are side by side images of the first baby born at the hospital.
Ryson Wilson was born on Oct. 4, 2011. Today he is nine years old and in the 4th grade at Central Elementary School in Guthrie. The natural born athlete is already 5 feet tall and an impressive 115 pounds. As he looks forward to his milestone tenth birthday, we are reminded that his life is just beginning, and like the hospital itself, we know many great things are on the horizon and can’t wait to see what the future holds.